Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tired, Trashed and Over-worked

Food show season is tough like marathon training.
I've not been a fan of training throughout my riding years, but here I am 7 weeks before the Pisgah Mountain Bike Adaventure Race (PMBAR), with nothing but a beer-gut to show for a winters worth of riding. March is shapping up to be the hardest month of my working career, leaving riding time sparse.
In spite of it all, I'm putting time in where I can...
I made it to Dupont State Forrest, NC, on Sunday. Then headed to Gatlinburg for a foodshow, making it out trail running in the Smokies Mon., Tues., Wed.

2 comments:

ExtrmTao said...

Don't fool yourself, that gut is there for a reason. Embrace the beer gut, live the gut, love the gut for it will forever be yours.

Thomas said...

In a late season training rally I have decided to "up" my training from 12 oz curls to English pints. Here's to the good times!