Friday, April 13, 2007

Sundown in the City

It was the first of the Sundown in the city, concert series. We had a good group that headed down to Eric's place via bicycle. Duey and Nicole, Jon and Alex, Shawn and Mattie, and guess it ended up being me and Jay. Erin sat this one out to prep for our trip to Nashville this weekend.
Eric lives on Market Square, the view from his living room looks out over the crowd and stage below. We had a blast. There was a keg of Downtown Brewery Ale. Antibalas and Low Stars opened for Edwin McCain. Antibalas was the highlight for me, their horn section was awesome.


The ride home was an adventure:

2 comments:

JohnnyB said...

Antibalas ruled. Funky, tight and loose at the same time.

I rode down there on my bike and stood by myself for about an hour & half. Saw nobody I knew. Felt old. Wish I knew where you guys were. I'd have been glad to help you with that keg!

I dig your blog. Check out my podcast here:
http://web.mac.com/drleslie/iWeb/Site%202/JTB%20Podcast/JTB%20Podcast.html

Thomas said...

John, sorry we missed you. I'll be heading down there on most Thursday nights. We leave from Bearden area. The more the merrier.
I'll check out your podcast, it looks cool. I put a link under "People".