Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rocking the Boat

Knoxille Brewer's Jam
Deafened and enlightened; and still reeling from the Melvins and the barrel-aged beers sampled in ample amount at the brewers party; I grabbed my bike and headed back downtown on what was becoming one of the most beautiful days of the year! I arrived at the World’s Fair Park early enough to claim my volunteer pass and offer my services as a laborer. However, there really wasn't much that I could do, since all the booths were well manned. I was able to surf the field of dreams until my wife showed up, and we met up with Eric and his wife.
Seems like at about 4 or 5pm the crowd had gotten livelier and the scene was reminiscing of the first Saturday in May, at Churchill Downs. The Derby-like atmosphere of the infield celebrated a blue-sky day, without the anticipation of the two-minute thorobred grudge-match. Flowing libations ran unfettered, and the tasty beers plastered smiles across the exuberant crowd of the Knoxville's Brewers Jam.









No comments: